Quantcast
blanknew aboutnew dot1new shopnew dot 2sponsorblankblogrolldotcontactblank

Revelations & Resolutions

As we close out 2012, it's obviously time to determine my 
New Year's Resolution.  I actually really love the concept of it: a brand new year to start fresh.  For 2012 I simply resolved to stop drinking pop - and I really did it!  So my goals for 2013 are going to be set a little lot higher.  I have a few areas of my life that need a change and I can't go another year without making those changes.  As cliche as it is, I really need to lose weight.  Okay, it's not completely about losing weight.  I want to be healthy.  I want to live a longer life with as little sickness as I can control.  But, yes, losing weight is a big part of that.  I've never been "skinny" and I really don't want to be.  I do want to be lean, strong, and healthy though.  I was on my way there about a year and a half ago when I lost sight of my goal about half way there.  I maintained that weight for almost an entire year which I was still really proud of.  But then I made a huge change in my life. 

I started blogging.

In the last 4 months since I began my journey here on Opal & Violet, I regained
basically all the weight I had originally lost.  With my irregular retail work schedule, my workout schedule is naturally just as irregular.  Before the blog, I'd work out before work if I was scheduled to close that day or I'd rush to a class at the gym on days when I opened.  But since I've been blogging, I've been filling those time slots up with outfit photos, blog writing, photo editing, posting, promoting, etc.  I don't regret the blogging at all.  Not for one single second.  I do regret my decision (or lack thereof) to neglect my health/fitness while doing so.  

So here comes 2013.  

I'm ready to learn to balance my passion for this blog with my passion for being healthy.  I have about 40 pounds to lose and I need all of you to keep me accountable to eat healthy and exercise.  I, personally, don't believe in following diets.  I'm going to do my best to just eat whole natural foods: lots of veggies, fruits, and lean meats.  This is so hard for me, you guys.  I really don't like a ton of veggies but I want this so bad that I'm determined to find a way to like them.  I'll be using the app MyFitnessPal to journal my meals and workouts.  If you'd like to follow along and encourage each other please add me: mrsskiles.  

The Inspiration Photo:

I realize this photo isn't of the best quality, but it was the best one I could find
showing my body close to the time of my lowest weight.  So my first goal will be to get
back to this point - about 20 pounds.  My second goal will then be to lose about another 20 
pounds.  I say 'about' because I'm not set on an exact number.  I just want to feel good about 
how my body looks.  As long as I'm in a healthy weight range, then I'll be extremely happy!

Feel free to tweet me (@opalandviolet), email me (opalandviolet at gmail dot com), 
or leave comments for me here on the blog with any thoughts, questions, and inspiration
that you might have.  I need all of you to help keep me accountable!!  I'm incredibly motivated
right now, but I know that I won't be able to reach my goals without the support of everyone
in my life!  Yes, that means you! :) 

Do you have any similar goals this year?  Or do you have any tips for me on how to 
balance a full-time job, blogging, and a healthy lifestyle?  Let me hear it!!

Here's to being the best that we can be in 2013!

Jordan

10 comments:

  1. I'm also going to try to make healthier decisions this year! I'm not going to concern myself with weight though because I personally find that I start to focus on just that number instead of what is truly important. But, I wish you the best of luck and remember not to be too hard on yourself!

    Happy (almost) New Year!

    http://thehonestfox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chianne! I definitely need that reminder to not be too hard on myself! It's so easy to do! I wouldn't really focus on weight if I didn't have a significant amount to lose to get my body healthy. The healthy aspect is definitely what I'm mostly focused on!

      Good luck to you on your healthy decision in 2013!! Happy New Year! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey there!! We are right there with you to get back on track with being healthier in this new year. Hope your holidays were fabulous. Happy New Year!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you girls can do it, too!! It's so hard for me but I'm going strong so far! ;) Happy New Year to the both of you! :)

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year and here's to being lean, strong and healthy!! Also, YOU are GORGEOUS, my dear, just as you are!! I love looking at your pics and getting inspired to look my best at how beautiful you are in them. I am also in the same boat, though, and am wanting to lose the rest of my (baby) weight. I'll join you on MyFitnessPal! Also, I'm going to send you an article I submitted for UK Health & Wellness on how to successfully achieve your health goals. Congrats on the first step!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the absolute sweetest, Andrea!! Thank you for your kind and encouraging words! Let's definitely keep each other accountable and get rid of this weight once and for all! Miss you dear! xo

      Delete
  4. I'm actually using MyFitnessPal too! It's been working great for me so far. I'll try to find you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it! I am keeping a calendar with a pink high heel stamped on every day I work out so that I hold myself accountable! - J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love that idea!! I think I'll search for a stamp or some cute stickers to reward myself in my planner for working out!! Thanks for the inspiration & for your faith in me! :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a little love on Opal & Violet! xo