Quantcast
blanknew aboutnew dot1new shopnew dot 2sponsorblankblogrolldotcontactblank

Guest Post // Tyler [31st Birthday Chronicle]



So while Jordan wasn't looking I snatched the camera and decided I was going to take control of today's blog post.  Oh yeah - I'm Jordan's husband, Tyler.  You probably see my name a lot as her "photographer" or maybe have even seen my face posted here before (here, here and here).  But seeing as how yesterday was my 31st birthday, I thought this might be a fun time to show you what a day in our lives is really like.  Warning: this is a photo heavy post so just keep reading if want to follow along. 




This is what I usually see Jordan doing: face in her phone and probably on social media. Here she was posting our photo on Instagram

We started our day out by walking to the end of our block to cheer on some of the runners of the New York Marathon. 






Yep, he definitely looks like a "Lars."







It turned out to be much colder than we had expected so, before heading downtown, we made a pitstop in Urban Outfitters to pick up some gloves.  Did you notice Jordan changed hats? Yep, she just couldn't resist.  But you didn't need me to tell you she shops a lot, did you?  In fact, it was my birthday but Jordan was the one who ended up with most of the purchases.  Below you'll see that I got stuck carrying her new Sorel boots she picked up at Anthropologie








Being that it was my birthday, I got to choose where we were eating for lunch.  Jordan and I have been eating pretty healthy for the past month so it was no surprise that I chose this highly recommended pizza spot, John's of Bleeker Street.  Pizza is my weakness and it's all I've been craving these last few weeks. 





What's a birthday without a delicious dessert?  After our pizza we went uptown to indulge in the best cookies in NYC (or possibly the universe but that's just my opinion - and Taylor Swift's).  It was also so fitting that we went to Levain on the day of the NY Marathon as the bakery was founded by triathlon competitors who loved a great dessert at the end of the race.  It was really cool to stand in line with lots of athletes that had just finished a frigid 26.2 miles.





Finally, I finished the day off with a little taste of home.  Thanks to my parents for sending up some Ale8 for my birthday!

I hope you all enjoyed our little adventure as much as I did.  It was a fantastic first day of 31. If you guys want to see more of me here on Opal & Violet, be sure to let Jordan know in the comments or on social media.  And while you're at it, be sure to follow me on Instagram & Twitter!  I hope to talk to you guys soon!

4 comments:

  1. I love this! Happy Birthday, Tyler! I'm so glad that Jordan found the one man that makes her complete and will do life right with her! You guys are so cute and I would DEFINITELY love to see more of you on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah!! Tyler had such a great time doing this and I feel like he'll definitely be spending more time over here!

      Delete
  2. Love this post! Looks like you guys had an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole!! It really was a great day! We were lucky with beautiful (but chilly) weather and were able to really enjoy our day!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a little love on Opal & Violet! xo